Agronomy Liquid Plant Operator - Blencoe, IA
AGRONOMY LIQUID PLANT OPERATOR
Description: Performs all operations of the liquid plant and ensures proper and safe delivery of agronomy products and services which NEW Cooperative markets.
Job Performance Skills:
Team Work/Team Player
• Fulfills commitments to other team members. Puts team success ahead of individual success. Works comfortably with all team members. Takes charge when it is necessary to facilitate an action or decision. Volunteers to help others with projects or assignments. Gives and welcomes feedback. Expresses disagreement constructively. Listens to and responds constructively to all team members. Balances team and individual responsibilities.
• Performs work in a safe manner at all times. Checks the work area for hazards and corrects unsafe situations. Uses personal protection equipment. Maintains an organized work area. Seeks guidance from supervisor if needed. Considers the safety of other employees. Understands and follows safety regulations. Reports unsafe conditions.
• Easy to get along with. Treats all people with dignity and respect. Always approachable; never rude. Aware of and sensitive to what other people are feeling. Is at ease with people at all levels. Does not belittle the opinions or work of other people, regardless of their status or position. Deals effectively with a diverse workforce. Demonstrates a high degree of “emotional intelligence.” Truly values and genuinely likes people.
• Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Doesn’t make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries a fair share of the workload.
• Displays a high energy level. Enjoys working hard. Self-starter; doesn’t wait to be told to take action. Looks for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations. Displays an obvious sense of urgency. Does more than what is normally required. Volunteers readily.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
• Perform operations of liquid plant
• Works closely with vendors and technical support to trouble shoot problems and maintain efficient operations
Anticipate issues and provide potential solutions
• Works closely with dispatch in coordination delivery and application
• Ensure proper inventory control procedures are followed
• Assist in agronomy equipment maintenance and record keeping
• Implement and maintain a plan and procedure for training new applicators and tender drivers
• Responsible for the correct calibration of all company owned equipment and maintains records for such.
• Responsible for all bulk pesticide handling equipment, and the proper transportation of such equipment.
• Ensures the location is following all regulations as they pertain to hazardous pesticides and fertilizers.
Complies with all EPA regulations
• Coordinates with Loss Control in reporting spills to proper regulatory agencies.
• Position requires an extensive knowledge of Kahler Automation and related equipment
• Must keep knowledge base up to date on all current products and chemistries available and in use.
• Must be capable of remaining abreast of all regulatory and licensing requirements.
• Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Must have knowledge of a variety of electronic hardware and software applications.
• Must have an acceptable driving record and be insurable to drive.
• Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL with endorsements
• Analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various operational problems, and prioritize work.
• Must have or be able to obtain all proper licensing as required by all federal and state regulatory agencies.
• Understand the importance of providing very high levels of customer service.
• Understand the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in – season time commitment.
Apply NowReturn to Current Job Postings