Agronomy Sales Tech - Blencoe, IA
AGRONOMY SALES & SERVICE TECH
Description: NEW Cooperative Agronomy Sales Trainee will be engaged in a customized developmental program including extensive training and experience working with our team of highly successful agronomists. The purpose of this position is to develop highly qualified sales replacements with a solid foundation in our culture.
Job Performance Skills:
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his/her work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Doesn’t make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries a fair share of the workload. Shows up for meetings on time, fully prepared. Works on tasks in order of importance. Realistically estimates time requirements. Makes up a schedule for jobs and sticks to it. Does work in order of importance; does first things first.
Knows customers and can describe their expectations. Manages customer expectations. Meets all of the expectations of both internal and external customers. Respects customers’ and colleagues’ time in scheduling and conducting meetings. Gains customers’ trust and respect. Actively seeks customers’ feedback on quality of service he/she provides. Quickly solves customer problems.
Learning and Continuous Improvement
Actively acquires new skills and competencies. Shares knowledge, skills, tools and methods with others to help them solve problems and improve performance. Treats negative feedback and experiences as learning opportunities. Seeks information and ideas from many places. Looks for better ways to perform routine parts of job. Open to suggestions and new ideas.
Builds and maintains a network of contacts useful in achieving work-related goals. Extends and accepts invitations from others to build effective working relationships. Skilled in building rapport with a wide variety of individuals. Understands the balance between taking time to build rapport and getting the work done. Sensitive to what people around him/her are feeling. Promotes the contributions and accomplishments of customers or clients to others. Enthusiastic about others’ ideas.
Effectively determines customer needs, wants, and budget. Applies knowledge of products and services to meet customer requirements. Demonstrates mastery of all essential selling techniques: prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, writing proposals, closing, etc. Salvages lost sales. Maintains complete, accurate and timely sales records. Achieves sales quota. Assures post-sale customer satisfaction.
Teamwork/ Team Player
Fulfills commitments to other team members. Puts team success ahead of individual success. Doesn’t hog the credit for others’ work. Works comfortably with all team members. Takes charge when it is necessary to facilitate an action or decision. Volunteers to help others with projects or assignments. Gives and welcomes feedback. Expresses disagreement constructively. Listens to and responds constructively to all team members. Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
• Maintain a safe work environment as outlined by NEW Cooperative's policies and procedures• Support the sales efforts of products and services offered to NEW Cooperative Patrons
• Travel and work with current Agronomy Sales Specialist in assigned area
• General tasks include seed sorting and delivering, chemical packing and delivering, fertilizer application
• Assist with planting and harvesting of seed plots. Perform yield checks and yield monitor calibrations
• Aid in the scouting and soil sampling of sales territory
• Calibration of NH3 VRT equipment including ravens, raven sidekick equipment, and Agleaders. Create NH3 VRT recommendations from Soilmap
• Continually upgrades knowledge on agronomy products, services, and Agleader equipment
• Be able to assist in all agronomy services NEW Cooperative Supply’s to patrons.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or related field of study
• 3-5 years of Agronomy experience
• Acceptable driving record.
• Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL with necessary hazmat and tanker endorsements.
• Demonstrated computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, as well as a good agronomic background desirable.
• Understand the importance of providing very high levels of customer service
• Understand the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in – season time commitment.
• Must be able to interact and effectively communicate with customers and individuals at all levels of the organization
Apply NowReturn to Current Job Postings