Grain Superintendent Trainee - Vincent, IA
GRAIN SUPERINTENDENT TRAINEE
Description: Learn the grain operations of the location in a manner that will positively impact the cooperative, increase market share and savings, and achieve desired sales and profit goals.
Job Performance Skills:
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Doesn’t make excuses or blame others for errors or problems.
Carries her fair share of the workload.
Adaptability/Flexibility/ Change Management
Adapts easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities. Promptly switches strategies or tactics if the current ones are not working. Works comfortably with people of widely differing styles, temperaments, and preferences. Deals maturely with anger, frustration and disappointment. Bounces back quickly from setbacks and frustrations. Is able to see the merits of positions other than her own.
Makes complex ideas or situations clear, simple, and understandable. Recognizes patterns — sees discrepancies, missing pieces, trends or interrelationships in data and situations. Sees underlying issues in complex situations. Can put the pieces together in order to understand the big picture. Sensitive to subtleties and nuances. Understands and is able to explain all sides of an issue. Demonstrates considerable intellectual horsepower. Thinks “outside the box.”
Displays a high energy level. Enjoys working hard. Self-starter; doesn’t wait to be told to take action. Looks for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations. Displays an obvious sense of urgency. Does more than what is normally required. Volunteers readily.
Performs work in a safe manner at all times. Ensures a safe work environment as outlined by NEW Cooperative’s policies and procedures. Checks the work area for hazards and corrects unsafe situations. Uses personal protection equipment. Maintains an organized work area. Seeks guidance from supervisor if needed. Considers the safety of other employees. Understands and follows safety regulations for confined space entry & LOTO, fall protection and personal protective equipment. Reports unsafe conditions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
• Receiving of grain including unloading and elevation
• Develop an understanding of all bin or storage locations and maintain records of grain inventory in each(i.e. wet/dry corn, wet/dry beans)
• Develop an understanding and ability of blending grain to optimal grade factors utilizing the working knowledge of the grain inventory.
• Ensure that all grain quality meets expected quality standards and is maintained.
• Maintain communication with all persons concerned regarding grain quality and inventory
• Responsible for the load out of grain to trucks and trains at correct weights and grade.
• Accountable for all grain equipment maintenance and record keeping
• Responsible for all housekeeping and cleaning duties on grain facilities
• Light preventative maintenance
• Remain in complete compliance with Spill Prevention Rule for mineral oil handling (SPCC)
• The job requires an understanding of the importance of providing very high levels of customer service and a great interest serving in the agricultural industry.
• Position requires an understanding of the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in – season time commitment.
• This job requires good computer skills.
• This job requires you to be able to interact and effectively communicate with customers and individuals at all levels of the organization
• The position requires problem solving skills as well as being self-motivated
• This job requires a valid driver’s license and for the employee to be insurable to drive.
Apply NowReturn to Current Job Postings