Description: Obtain soil extractions in a very precise process, accurately identify and transport samples, and enter detailed soil test data for critical analysis during our sampling seasons.
Job Performance Skills:
Comes to work on time every day. Is fully prepared and ready to work at beginning of work schedule and continues until work day is done. Makes appropriate arrangements when adverse weather or other problems might delay on-time arrival. Conforms to work hours and schedule. Lets the supervisor and others know immediately when unexpected problems cause absence, lateness, or the need to leave early.
Knows his/her customers and can describe their expectations. Manages customer expectations. Meets all of the expectations of both internal and external customers.
Gains customers’ trust and respect. Actively seeks customers’ feedback on quality of service she/he provides. Quickly solves customer problems.
Displays a high energy level. Enjoys working hard. Self-starter; doesn’t wait to be told to take action. Looks for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations. Displays an obvious sense of urgency. Does more than what is normally required. Volunteers readily.
Builds and maintains a network of contacts useful in achieving work-related goals. Extends and accepts invitations from others to build effective working relationships. Skilled in building rapport with a wide variety of individuals. Understands the balance between taking time to build rapport and getting the work done. Sensitive to what people around him/her are feeling. Promotes the contributions and accomplishments of customers or clients to others. Enthusiastic about others’ ideas.
Effectively determines customer needs, wants, and budget. Applies knowledge of products and services to meet customer requirements. Demonstrates mastery of all essential selling techniques: prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, writing proposals, closing, etc. Salvages lost sales. Maintains complete, accurate and timely sales records. Achieves sales quota. Assures post-sale customer satisfaction.
Spends her/his time and the time of others on that which is genuinely important. Able to distinguish between the truly important and the merely urgent. Respects customers’ and colleagues’ time in scheduling and conducting meetings. Shows up for meetings on time, fully prepared. Works on tasks in order of importance. Realistically estimates time requirements. Makes up a schedule for jobs and sticks to it. Does work in order of importance; does first things first.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
• Process field boundaries and sample points
• Provide agronomic support to staff and software users
• Assist growers with questions
• Develop a working knowledge of Precision Agriculture hardware
• Provide precision agriculture hardware support and services in off peak seasons
• Install precision hardware in agricultural equipment (tractors, planters, combines, etc.) during off peak seasons.
• Document customer request for product enhancements
• Attention to detail & precision accuracy in reading maps to locate sites to sample, identifying field coordinates to sample; in reading orders, in following the precise process in extracting the sample, & in entering data
• Basic computer skills & calculation skills in compiling critical information and entering data
• Basic mechanical skills in performing necessary maintenance checks on equipment
• Have a strong work ethic and outstanding character in representing NEW Cooperative out in the field and in being responsible and accountable for all NEW Cooperative equipment while physically caring for land-owners’ properties
• Self-motivating, with organization/time management skills. Able to work independently organizing work in the most efficient cost effective plan, initiating essential end of day protocol & proper chain of command communications solving problems and noting important information only the soil sampler can observe while performing service
• Good communication skills with strong teamwork experience in conducting daily communications with management following company protocol for timely communications. Also in ability to get along with others when assisting peers
• Responsible for operating a company vehicle, ATV, and equipment while following company safety policies and procedures
• Understand the physicality required to work outdoors and have the ability to lift up to 50lbs. Sampling in various terrains and weather conditions
• Flexible and willingness to work in supporting vehicle, ATV or Trailer maintenance or assist with any other task assignment during weather-related downtime or changes in scheduled sampling
• 2 year degree in agriculture related field or equivalent work experience.
• Must have a valid license and be insurable to driver.
Apply NowReturn to Current Job Postings